Fuerteventura

DaithiMc2005

I'm planning a weeks holiday in Fuerteventura in January and was just wondering if anybody has stayed in the Barcelo El Castillo in Costa Caleta or Caleta de Fuste as it is also known.
Any comments good or bad appreciated, also what are Panorama Holidays like.......are they a good company?........they do free child places at the moment which makes them cheaper than their rivals!!
Thanks
D

The comments on tripadvisor.com seem quite good.

We've used Panorama a few times and had no problems until this summer when they called us three days before departure to say that the hotel was overbooked and offered us alternative accomadation. They claimed it was the hotel's fault but gave us 50 euro each in compensation and upgraded us to full board on arrival. We were happy in the end, even though the hotel they gave us wasn't quite up to the standard of the one we originally booked. It seems that these things are all part of the package holiday 'experience'! They handled the problem well and professionally so we would use them again.

Just booked Barcelo for next summer. Did a bit of research on some other websites and all gave excellent reviews. Check out tripadvisor.com.

Have used Panoroma very good. We booked with them as they offered better flight options.

Enjoy

There are 2 Barcelo's in Caleta de Fuste.
The Barcelo club which is an apartment/bungalow complex, stayed there about 4/5 years ago and had to be moved out the next day due to low standard of accomodation [bed was a concrete slab with mattress thrown on top, bungalow infested with cockroaches & ants.] When I was on the island last I noticed that a lot of renevation work had been carried out and the place looks a lot better now. Maybe I was just unlucky on my holiday.

There is also the Barcelo hotel, stayed there a few times and found accomodation to be of a good standard. Entertainment in this hotel is first class & well worth checking out no matter where you are staying!! Great location too, on the beach and next to the centre of things.