Fuerteventura Accommodation?

Guelder

Hey all!

I've just booked flights heading out to Fuerteventura for this December.

It'll be our first time there so not too sure which area to go to yet.

I know a lot of people here have previously stayed in Fuerteventura, and some even own property there, so if you could recommend anywhere that would be great! :)

Ideally we're looking for a 2 bed private villa with heated pool (would a hot tub jacuzzi be asking for too much aswell?? hehe)

Would also love to hear any feedback from people who've been out there.

We're thinking of either getting somewhere on a beach or in a golfing resort.

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks guys! :)

Can't help on the villa front but as a past visitor to Fuerte I can say that it is quieter than the other Canary Islands. There are a few main resort areas all coastal. The busiest would be Corralejo in the north which is also the gateway to Lanzarote. It would have the typical Canarian resort facilities and the islands only water park and the weekly market is held there too ( Saturday I think). It is alongside the Fuerte national dune park. Another resort further down the coast is Costa Caleta ( formerly Caleta de Fuste) . That is a smaller resort but is alongside the golf course. To the south there is the area know as Jandia with another larger resort Morro Jable with long flat open beaches.

If you're going to be mobile, i.e. with car for the period then you could pick some of the smaller accommodation areas along the coastline from Costa Caleta to Jandia a part of which is called the Costa Calma ( no prizes here :))

The resorts are all on the eastern coast, the west coast is the "wild side" of the island with a rough Atlantic presence.

You will probably find a lot of privately rented villas on the web. Check out also the [broken link removed] for more information too.

Enjoy :cool:

Tarad, thanks, yeah I'm on that Fuerteventura forum also, would still like to hear from peeps on here too though :)

Graham, thanks a million, that was all very helpful!

We were in Lanzarote 5 years ago, we're aware that Fuerteventura is much quieter, which is just what we're looking for! :)

Yeah, we'll be hiring a car for the full week, so we're looking forward to getting to see a lot of the island.

I presume the actual area won't be too much of an issue for us as we'll have the car and given the island is so small travelling to and fro shouldn't be much of an issue, I think at this stage we just want to get a nice villa wherever that may be!

Gonna check out all the regions you mentioned now and thanks for the link!

We were there for the first time last November, got accommodation in www.holidaylettings.co.uk if you are not into tattoo's etc.!!! stay in the south of the island, a car is a great idea, we would highly recommend Jandia or Costa Calma and will be going back many more times. The only downside I would note it that it has too much of a German influence, it can be difficult to find that 'Spanish atmosphere'. Also be prepared for lots of nudity on the beaches!! Not too bad with some of the younger people but a bit too much of 'older wobbly bits'

Back