fuel filter light on dash

squeky

hi,

My dad has a nissan primera petrol car. The last 2 weeks a yellow light has appeared on the dashboard. When he looked up the annual it said about the fuel filter.He is thinking about changing the car in a couple of months anyway. so i would like to no does anybody no is this light dangerous for the engine and if he was to get it fixed, how much approx wud it cost as it is not worth paying lots to get it fixed when he changing it anyway..
thanks very much..

What does the manual say need to be done when this light comes on?

it says something about water in the filter so something about bleeding the filter but dad was told that there is no fuel filter in a petrol car that it is just in diesel. but it is eating petrol on us.

but dad was told that there is no fuel filter in a petrol car

This is incorrect.

Get a nixer mechanic to look at it if you don't want to be spending money on it. Replacing the fuel filter (if that's all it is) is a quick, easy and cheap job.

went to nissan and they siad it was an emission sensor that was gone. so they sorted it out. just said i wud let ye know

Told you it was an engine management warning light.

p.s. Try harder on your spelling and grammar.

went to nissan and they siad it was an emission sensor that was gone. so they sorted it out. just said i wud let ye know
Glad you got it sorted out, thanks for the update.

Keep a close eye on your fuel consumption, it should improve.

mathepac,

would you have any idea approx how much a emission sensor would cost to be replaced.

Back