Fuel efficient Top 10 (yesterday's The Last Word)

jrewing

I just caught the end of a piece on The Last Word last night about the most fuel-efficient cars, and didn't hear the top 10 list.

Did anyone catch the list ?

I just caught the end of a piece on The Last Word last night about the most fuel-efficient cars, and didn't hear the top 10 list.

Did anyone catch the list ?

No

But is this list any use to you, the low Co2 output indicates good mpg figures?

Best in class:
Honda Civic hybrid, 109g/km
Best of the rest:
Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 90 Econetic, 114g/km
Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 110 Econetic, 115g/km
Renault Megane 1.5 DCi 80, 117g/km
Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI, 118g/km

and have a look at the link http://www.cleangreencars.co.uk/jsp/cgcmain.jsp?lnk=311&featureid=503&pageid=1345

But is this list any use to you, ...

Not much use really, because none of the Focus models are sold in Ireland (1.8 (band b) and 2.0 (band c) tdci only on sale here at the moment, according to the Ford website).

Any similar lists with local relevance?

I listened to the piece on the Last Word alright. First one was Fiat Panda 1.3L Diesel. Followed by the Yaris and I think it was a Golf (all diesel from what i can remember). With the Panda at number one, you get the general idea that this was a classless list based purely on the most fuel efficient set of four wheels on the road.
Someone else may be able to fill you in as regards the rest.

I can't remember the list but you can download the last word if you missed a show (updated each week) from the today fm website.

Back