FTSE or ISE

F

fortune

Greetings all, New member here and looking forward to your good advice.

I have a mixed portfolio of $ £ and €. My question relates to Tullow Oil and the fact that it trades on the ISE € and FTSE £.

I would welcome opinion on whether to keep the ISE shares, or would a move over to FTSE be more beneficial? I have done well in my sharedealing but it is not from being an expert just lots of reading so hence that possibly daft question.

I am concerned about the Irish economy and the future tremors over the coming months, is this completely unrelated? It trades on the Euro so perhaps the ISE and the FTSE is identical with just the currency variations...

Thanks

I have a similar question. Kenmare Resources listed in FTSE this month and made their ISE listing secondary. This will mean that funds may consider (or may be forced to depending on their mandates) adding Kenmare.

What exactly does this mean? Could the FTSE listed shares go up 50% and the shares in ISE down 50%...just for example. Or is there some sort of link? Or are the 2 listings as good as 2 seperate companies from an investment perspective?

Fortune: Sorry for trampliing on your thread but I think the questions are more or less the same...

Well Tullow will be far more active on the FTSE rather than the ISE. Personally I never trade on the ISE as I would class it as third rate market.

Well Tullow will be far more active on the FTSE rather than the ISE. Personally I never trade on the ISE as I would class it as third rate market.

I agree with this. While only a tiny fraction of my portfolio is in Irish equities I do think that my decision to buy on the ISE ended up costing me money in higher transaction costs.
I have no experience of directly dealing with the ISE, but their website is abismal with share prices only being updated every couple of hours rather than giving a live or even delayed feed. I know I can get price feeds on other financial websites, but it gauls me that they do not have a better website.

... I would class it as third rate market.

Mercman. For me the novice can you explain what this actually means. Is a market not just a market? Buyers, sellers, ...

Norkom this morning (at time of writing) are up over 11% on ISE and up just over 8% in London. So presumably would have been better to have the ISE listed version (constant currency assumption). Are the 2 listings effectively different companies from an investment perspective?

Thanks

Now thats good enough for me you guys thanks a lot. I agree, ise.ie is attrocious. Price updates every 4 hours! Every 1 hour if you register for a login but even then you need to log in every time to get the up to date data.

FTSE it is so. By the way, in case anyone is interested in looking at a share, check AAZ on the FTSE thats up 10% again today. I'm a novice also but up 250% on this one.

Also one last recommendation,

advfn.com/lse/ShareChat.asp?sharechat=AAZ

advfn have an excellent forum link above, no login required to read these investor views on all companies, Afren, Alcatel etc. I removed W's above in the link as I need 15 or more posts before I can post a URL. doh!