Frustrating Package Holiday Websites

ajapale

Does anyone share my frustration with package holiday websites?

Ive just spent over an hour looking for prices from budget travel and sunworld. I get very frustrated keying in the same information time and time again simply to get a range of quotations for several resorts.

Is there an easier way?

aj

hi A: did you try holidaysonline.ie
they keep sending me emails but I confess I haven't used them but the site looks good.
Cu

Unfortunately since budget travel have stopped paying commission it is not as easy to go to one website for all operators .
I think other companies may follow now in not listing their holidays with agents
I look up holidays on [broken link removed] its the same idea as holiday online but you can see what company are doing the holiday with eg falcon etc (and also ring them directly if you want )
Also sunwold and stein travel also do their own deals not listed here ..
Good luck

The underlying problem here is the technology these people all use. The defacto standard has been viewdata which is an old technology and does not lend itself to ease of usability that we have become used to online.

Most Irish online websites, holidays ones that is www.flytothesun.com, www.holidaysonline.ie and www.gohop.ie aggregate all the content from the major Irish operators who still use the Viewdata system. The pricing is not overly accurate as the prices in these systems are loaded typically based on 2 travelling and they deal with more/less than 2 by applying a supplement of sorts which is applied later on in the booking or when you call through and alas the issues with price and the frustations caused. It is getting better however as more of us use the web and as the older technologies expire this will change.

Hi Bonvoyage123,

A quick look at your posts to-date indicates that the majority of them appear to be advertising/promoting gohop.ie. Can you confirm if you personally have any connection with this company/site because I'm sure you will appreciate that that this is in breach of .

Sueellen.