Frozen out of a Joint Account

• Thread starter tippingpoint
  • Start date
T

tippingpoint

I have been frozen out of a joint account where the bank facilitated my partner in blocking my access to the account and allowed a third party (authorised by my partner) to administer direct debits in and out of the same account. Can someone please give me advice on my rights and options?

I have spoken to a solicitor but there is so much ambiguity and their terms and conditions are obviously designed to create wiggle room and abdicate them from responsibility.

Are you saying that there are funds in the account that belong to you and you cant access them?

If there are no more funds belonging to you, then forget about the account and move on with your life.

in the case of a joint account would the funds not belong to both and why would the bank stop one nomiee from accessing an account and not anothere?

How did the bank facilitate freezing you out, is this account an actual joint account with both you and your partner down as signatories on the account or an account in your partners name only
Can you be more precise as to what the issue is and what the bank actually did