Frostwire / Limewire.

horse

Hi Folks,
I have Frostwire on my PC at the moment, and on launching the programme today a pop-up advised me that a newer version was available which I downloaded. On completion it has switched over to Limewire free and offering for a once off payment Limewire Pro which will give me "Turbo Charged Downloads" which I already have with Frostwire. What is the difference in the 2 programmes?
Regards,
Horse.

I was amazed when I seen Limewire had a pro version of their software when people are using the application to download full versions of other software illegally all the time. Capiche?

btw, frostwire is just limewire rewritten with some tweaks.

limewire is a virus /trogan scamware site .i had to clean my machine too many times when i had it .even when you delete it ,if you look in your browser helpers its still there,and when you get rid of that,do a search on your machine chaches are you will still find it somewhere. it is also tracking you &uploading when you are surfing

limewire is a virus /trogan scamware site .i had to clean my machine too many times when i had it .even when you delete it ,if you look in your browser helpers its still there,and when you get rid of that,do a search on your machine chaches are you will still find it somewhere. x
No its not actually, the free version of the app will contain some malware that can be easily removed with the right tools. If you think youve removed it and its still there, youre using the wrong tools. see the clean pc post.

it is also tracking you &uploading when you are surfing
To clarify this, it tracks what you upload from limewire, and in my experience all apps that let you upload, track traffic that go through it.
If the malware that comes with the free version of limeware is tracking anything else, its the malware, not limewire, thats doing it.

note: Ive no connection with limewire other then being a user in the past and being aware of what it does and contains.

Back