Frosted glass

simp

The builder has just put in our new windows and we were bewildered to find, instead of plain frosted glass in the bathroom, an opulent fantasia of bevelled waves. It is possibly the most ugly thing I have ever seen.

I spoke to him about it this morning, and he said that this is standard 'obscure' glass, and he thinks that they don't use frosted glass as it smudges too easily. He said he'd get back onto the joiner about other options.

I was just wondering if anyone else has any experience of this, so that I can speak to him later in a more informed way!

If the standard frosted glass is not an option, could we not just get clear glass, and then apply the self-advesive frosted stuff? Anyone ever use this?

Thanks in advace for your thoughts...

I guess his supplier didn't have much choice.
There are plainer obscure glass out there. You could ask Blackrock Glass if you're in Dublin. You can get your own funky designs printed onto plain glass (at extra cost - I am enquiring about this with Senator windows in Blackrock at the moment) or you can do the self adhesive stuff (no experience, but doesn't sound very long lasting?)

could u use a the rolls u can get in B&Q which u can put on the window yourself, just peel and put onto glass have it done in a windows looks great

Would the self-adhesive stuff be suitable for use in a bathroom, I wonder?

Simp hello,

When we had our replacement windows put in many years ago :) we were shown a selection from which we selected the opaque glass pattern which we wanted for our bathroom window. I would have thought that this practice still exists. Was it an over-sight on your supplier's part not to consult with you in advance about it.

The builder has just confirmed that he can replace the panes with basic frosted panes - no extra charge. It was his oversight not to consult with us, and he's being honest enough to sort it out. Thank god. I could not have lived with those embossed waves...

Back