Front loading credit card - do they exist

L

lippolil

I am looking for a front loading credit card as I did have a credit card with Halifax and they are now closed. Would appreciate any advice.

Hello Lippolil,
Do you mean a credit card that you put money in before spending it? If so a laser card or visa debit card should do the job. Contact whichever bank has your current account and see what they can offer.
Sybil

Hi Lipollil,

Apart from 3V you can also get teh Payzone Mastercard. You can buy the pack in newsagents I believe for 6euro. The pack comes with a one time loading card, on which you can put 150 euro (at any shop with the payzone logo) and spend it whenever you like.
Or if you want a credit card, you have to register your card online and they ll send you a permanent loading card, on which you can put 2500 euro per annum with max individual "top ups" of 500 euro. It works like a credit card except that it is prepaid! So no bill at the end of the month.
If the 2500euro limit per annum is not enough for you, you can request a limit increase, i believe up to 15000 euro per annum. To do so, you ll just have to send them proof of ID etc....

Your card comes with a PIN and you can withdraw money worldwide and also pay with i, very handy!

Here s the link:
http://www.payzone.ie/pages/consumer/payzone-products/payzone-prepaid-mastercard.php

I got it recently as I am heading on holidays in September and for once I do not want to use my credit card (getting rid of that debt) so for me is the way to go! Hope this helps.

Yes...i got rid of my bank credit card and this is the card i have now.... works exceptionally well . You are actually spending the money you have and not the money you may not have in the future >

Back