Front Door / Wooden Floor

sullyman

Got Solid Wooden Floor installed yesterday in sitting room/hallway. How do i seal end of wooden floor by front door to prevent damp/moisture getting into wood?

Hasn't this been done by whoever fitted the floor? I would have thought retrofitting would be difficult if not impossible.

Looks like he has just ended it at door. Any advice appreciated. He has left an expansion gap about 10mm from front door

Surprised that there is only a gap. He should have fitted a profile of some sort that still allows the expansion underneath. Should be still possible to fit it but maybe a little trickier.

Got Solid Wooden Floor installed yesterday in sitting room/hallway. How do i seal end of wooden floor by front door to prevent damp/moisture getting into wood?

perhaps you could seal the gap with silicone then fit a strip over this to hide it. These are available from most hardwares especialy the larger ones like B&Q. It seems to me that the fitter should have sealed this in the firist place. If I were you I would give him a call, have you paid if not get him to finish it right firist

Back