Front door too low for tiles

deem

was over at new house yesterday to measure for tiles, not complete but foreman gave us a key. while measuring for tiles in hall, we discovered that the concrete floor is too high for tiles to go under the door, its a PVC door so cant plane the door, what options are open to us other than getting the kango hammer out?

Is this something we can ask the builder to rectify.

Ps it was not picked up on snag list

Do you mean to sit in under the threshold lip inside the door?

If the clearence between the floor and the door is not large enough for tiles (presuming they are not greatly in excess of a normal floor tile thickness) then it seems you would not be able to fit any sort of floor covering (except lovely lino)! As far as I would be concerned this would be a serious problem and given you've just been given the keys I'd raise a stink with the builder. Regardless of this item not being on the snag list, in my experience with builders of new houses, if you complain loud enough, they will eventually do what you want for a bit of piece and quite.

Scorer said:
Regardless of this item not being on the snag list, in my experience with builders of new houses, if you complain loud enough, they will eventually do what you want for a bit of piece and quite.
The OP shouldnt feel that because they have missed something on the snag list, they are no longer entitled to get it rectified. In fact, you have a full 12 months to keep going back to the builder. Naturally enough your mileage will vary in how much you get done but like scorer suggests, give them an incentive to sort out your snags.