Front door leak

Sar

On a couple of occasions, after stormy nights, we have found pools of water in our hallway inside the front door. Initially we thought rain was blowing in the letterbox, but on Sunday morning there was so much water we investigated further and it looks like the rain is pooling in the bottom of a panel then seeping in. The door is made of uPVC. The house was built about two years ago, and we bought it in December.

The main problem is that we are due to lay our semi-solid floors in the hall this weekend, but can't until the problem is fixed.

Do doors normally come with any kind of guarantee? Is it worth my while going back to the original owners (who built the house using direct labour) or should we just get a new door? Or is there someone I could call to fix something like this?

I hope these aren't totally stupid questions! It's our first house so we're just getting used to dealing with these things.

I have a similar problem with a 2 year old door. The door has a 10 year guarantee - and the suppliers are coming to check it out this week. I reckon most upvc doors would have at least 5 year guarantee. Do you know who supplied the door - if so get on to them. If not - the house builder should sort it out for you.

yes your should have a minimum of 5 years guarantee but dont know wheather that would extend to you since you did not buy the windows and doors. you could try 2 things your self if you are good at diy,
1,find out which company fitted the windows ask them to solve the problem but it will proberly cost you and some of these companies are big time robbers......or
2,take the bead out drill two 6mm holes through to the outside and then sylicone and replace the bead.

Back