Front door catching at bottom

serotoninsid

My front door has been catching at the bottom (scraping against the metal frame plate) for the last couple of months. Its resulted in the door not closing flush at the bottom - so the seal isnt doing its job of keeping cold air out at the bottom.

Is there any way of sorting this out?

Don't plane it if it worked before.

If the door is wooden you will notice 3 or 4 T or L type fittings in the frame along the hung part of the door. The bottom part of the T or L is screwed into the door frame. You can lift off the door and twist the top one one full turn so that it is tighter. That should raise the catching part off the threshold. If it doesn't work lift the door off again and turn it and the one below it one more full turn.

That advice from davidoco is correct only if it a multipoint locking door on lift-off hinges - you did'nt give us any details of the way it is hung or locked!

That advice from davidoco is correct only if it a multipoint locking door on lift-off hinges - you did'nt give us any details of the way it is hung or locked!

Yeah, of course, it has to be this one [broken link removed]

Most external doors I have come accross are fitted this way.

If you find your door is hinged with a plate and screws into the door frame it's not so straight forward.

Absolutely right - I didn't!

It is a multi lock door - with five locking points; 3 hinges.

Those look like the hinges used on pvc doors, I would imagine that they are adjustable hinges - some of the pvc experts might be able to offer help on this one.