Friends First Ethical Stewardship Fund

M

motherbird

I am a newie here, but would really like some advice.
My son invested just over €70K in a Friends First Ethical Stewardship Fund, over 5 years.
It matured this year and almost immediately lost value and now has reached an all time low - as has so many people's funds. He has a big problem getting any information as to exactly what the fund has invested his money in and any answers that he has managed to get indicated that 'ethical' was questionable.
He took out €25K, and is now wondering if he should just get out completely, which would leave him €6K down on his original investment, 5 years ago. At one time it had gone up over €100K. Happy days.
Basically his is terrified that it will all disappear and as he is only in his 20s, it is all he has.
Any advice would be very welcome.
Great board. Fascinating reading all the advice,altho couldn't find any references to FFirst Ethical Fund

Brendan
Many thanks for that. Pity that we hadn't read it 5 years ago and 'good relations with customers' is a total joke.
Any opinions as to whether he should cut and run?
Thank you again

Pepsico - United States - 2.3%
CEMIG - United States - 2.3%
CVS Caremark Corp - United States - 2.3%
Perkinelmer - United States - 2.2%
Benesse Corporation - Japan - 2.2%
Axa - France - 2.1%
East Japan Railway - Japan - 2.0%
Intel Corporation - United States - 2.0%
Accenture - Bermuda - 2.0%
Community Health Systems - United States -2.0%

Above are the top 10 holdings in the fund as at October 2008

Total Holdings = 84

The geographical breakdown in 37.3% North America, 18.6% Europe, 10.7% Pacific Basin ex Japan, 15.2% Japan, 4.7% UK and 13.5% Others.

The industry sector splits are 16.2% Consumer Services, 13.7% Industrial, 12.1% Healthcare, 11.7% Utilities, 10.2% Technology, 9.2% Consumer Goods, 8.3% Cash, 8.15 Oil and Gas, 5.4% Financials, 2.7% Other Non-Direct, 2.2 Basic Materials, 0.3% Telecommunications.

Thank you so much for that.
I am so impressed with the level of care and advice and information.

Back