Fri BH Weekend, tried to withdraw wages frm BOI ATM, no money G4S working on machine.

ger1983

Yesterday I went to a BOI ATM and use my AIB card to take out money. I had to do shopping as I working all weekend and my wife will be at home all weekend with the kids while I work so was important I we getting the shopping in yesterday as she don't drive etc.

Anyway I requested a good bit of my wages as had few bills to pay as well and when it got to the part please take your cash and your card the machine just frooze and I received no money the machine then went out of order.

G4S Cash in Transit were working on the machine but was no warning to anyone in the ATM Q, the branch were still open so I proceeded to asking a member of their staff they were rude to me and told to go to another ATM she then handed me my ATM card but said she could do noting about the cash I would have to ring my own bank was not her problem if I did not have any more money.

I checked my 24/7 banking on my phone and on that the money was taken I then rang my own bank and they said would be next week probably Tuesday before they look into this for me.

I then explained to the Bank of Ireland staff again is there anyway they could help me as I now had hardly any wages and had the family to feed again they were very rude I became a bit agitated told them it was ridiculous that they were so rude I was not abusive and before I know I had two gardai detectives around me asking me to leave the premises. At this stage I had only asked for help and explained I needed to get shopping for children.

The gardai took my name and address when I explained they said it was ok but I had to leave.

A lot of people witnessed this and said I should ring local radio station etc. I don't want to do that as I would jeopardies my own job.

Thanks Bank of Ireland never using one of their services or ATM again!

Had this happen recently with UB and its quite frustrating,I had to go to an UB branch that Monday and one of the counter clerks took all my details and told me it would be sent upwards and be investigated and the money refunded asap if the machine didn't balance.

I got the money next the next day.

That security crowd need to be reported,they should not have attempted to refill the machine when customers were still using it their attitude further to that is unacceptable and you should report the matter cc both BOI customer complaints and G4S security on this matter.

Thats a pretty bad experience you had there. As Knuttell says, write in a complaint to BOI requesting an explanation and an apology. I would register the letter if it happened to me.

I might add that that banks generally don't care for their public image and as you are not a BOI customer you matter even less to them. You are probably wasting the price of an envelope and stamp

Last edited:
Thanks everyone I will definelty write a few letters of complaint just really shocked me how rude the staff were. Just because they have a good job in Bank don't mean they have the right to talk down to people, lucky enough I have some savings which we can use until this resolved Tuesday all going well. It was getting close to their closing time on a Friday evening Bank Holiday weekend and I say they could not care less! I would have been happy enough if they came across polite and tell me that it will be noted that I didnt receive the money etc so the issue can be resolved. I am just hoping that there is a way for AIB to tell I didn't actually receive the money at the moment on my 24 hour banking account it is shown as a withdrawal.

They have told me now could be two or three weeks before I might get this money back simply ridiculous!

Back