French doors

bertson

Hi,
I have french doors (PVC White) that after a year or so are a bit loose,
Does anyone know how to tighten these, i see an 'Alan Key' slot in the hinges, would this be where it is tightened?

Any help, cheers
B

bertson said:
Hi,
I have french doors (PVC White) that after a year or so are a bit loose,
Does anyone know how to tighten these, i see an 'Alan Key' slot in the hinges, would this be where it is tightened?

Any help, cheers
B

Have you spoken to the installer about the hinges being loose?

I had the opposite problem, in that my new french doors got too tight in strong sunshine. The man from Senator came and did something with an Alan key at the hinge to loosen the door, so I guess you could reverse the procedure. My son was here when he did it however,so I didn't see the key but he mentioned that it was a slightly different looking key to the regular one. You may have to get on to the installers to sort it out for you.

I think a lot of these folks use torx (or t-star) fixings rather than the hexagonal allen key variety. You can buy bits for these in most hardware shops now.

Cheers Lads,
The Installer was Grady windows and I waited a full year (12 months) for them to come and replace handles, and they laid the front door to low and then refused to fix it. So I don't want them near the house again

So I will try the Alan key and hope that works

You can adjust the hinges yourself with the proper key

Good Luck

Thanks folks,
I tried this last night with an alan key to no avail.
Basically the door has three hinges, with the alan key slot on the inside, so there are 3 alan key slots in total. I turned these etc, but it didn't tighten the door.
The door still catches on the bottom, Is there any where else to tighten??
Cheers
B