french door

B

bespoke

I am pricing up french door for a livng room. They run the entire width of my living room wall approx 11 foot. I have ordered white PVC windows for the rest of the house but thought that wood might be a nice finishing touch for this room. I have also found that some of the PVC door have chunky looking hinges which take from the doors. Any advice on these door re; wood/pvc, sliding, folding, outward opening etc?

I have teak french doors, three of them, not exactly free maintainence. Take into consideration the up keep, and since you have ordered white pvc windows, I would recomend same for french doors. Was in holiday home with white pvc french doors and windows, looked great and very bright, no maintainance, a big plus.

Hinges on Senator doors quite small - how many doors will you have over 11 feet? I've double doors on a 2m ope. They have retainers to stop them opening more than 90 degrees but useless if the wind cathes them. If I had my way again I would have gone for a single door opening in and sidelights on either side.