Freesat HD in Cork

Squonk

Anybody know where I can get a Freesat HD box in Cork? Possibly with installation. Just to avoid confusion, I'm not talking about free-to-air or freeview but true Freesat HD as defined here www.freesat.co.uk i.e. a full EPG, HD channels etc - Thanks.

Hi Squonk, I think you will have to go across the border and pick up a freesat decoder and get someone locally to put up the disk. There is only two HD channels. They broadcast 1080i and not true hd 1080p.

BBC and ITV are on HD 1080i, but Channel 4 are soon to go HD on the freesat as their contract ends with Sky at end of October. Film4 and Film4 +1 are due to go HD early next year apparentely.

www.iwantabox.com
i was only looking at one tonite..seems like der are plenty of staions on them
I wouldn't touch that site with a bargepole.

Find a reliable source for Freesat HD boxes such as Irish web sites (satellite.ie, freesat.ie etc) or Argos in Northern Ireland.

But, it might be a good idea to wait for Freesat HD boxes with PVR features, coming soon.

I wouldn't touch that site with a bargepole.

Find a reliable source for Freesat HD boxes such as Irish web sites (satellite.ie, freesat.ie etc) or Argos in Northern Ireland.

But, it might be a good idea to wait for Freesat HD boxes with PVR features, coming soon.
I have done business with iwantabox.com and found them to be great to deal with over a two year period

marantze said:
I have done business with iwantabox.com and found them to be great to deal with over a two year period

I cannot think of any legitimate use for the cable boxes they sell.

I cannot think of any legitimate use for the cable boxes they sell.

Who said I purchased Cable boxes from them, I did not say that,what I said was that I done some business with them,and I found them to be very good and professional at what they do.

I see now that Tesco are selling freesat boxes and installation under the name "sat4free". The price is EUR300 for a standard box + dish+installation or pay an extra EUR100 for the HD version. See [broken link removed]

:eek:

You can get them in Argos or Dixons in Newry for Stg 150.00 if you know anyone heading that direction of course?

You will need a GB postcode to operate this Humax HD box too, any one will do.

Back