FreeSat from Sky - can you get it in Ireland?

RMCF

Although I live in Ireland I have a UK Sky card.

Due to the amount of rubbish on it, and the high price, I am considering cancelling my contract and getting a £20 FreeSat from Sky card from them. I'm guessing I will lose my RTEs which I currently get.

If so, I was wondering if I use my Irish address can I get a similar card, and if so, does it have the RTEs available on it?

Afraid not. AFAIK RTE is only available on the Sky platform if you pay a subscription to Sky. FreeSat cards are only available to UK addresses and give the holder access to the FreeSat channels which do not include RTE or any Irish station.

Thanks for that hansov.

Disappointed to hear that. I do have a roof aerial that I used to use to get RTE via analogue, but I got Magic Eye installed and there was only room for either that cable or the RTE cable from the roof in the conduits in the wall behind the TV, so I told the guy to forget about the RTE aerial as I get it thru Sky anyway!!

Ah well, I guess if I go with FreeSat or Freeview then the Magic Eye will have to go, simply reattaching the roof aerial.

Edit: another question, if I cancel my Sports package (currently £41 or £42 per month) and just go with the basic Sky package (think its £20) will that leave my RTE channels still decoded?

Edit: another question, if I cancel my Sports package (currently £41 or £42 per month) and just go with the basic Sky package (think its £20) will that leave my RTE channels still decoded?
I don't know but perhaps you could check-out the Sky website on what packages are available and at what cost.

Yes, basic package includes the Irish channels.
Leo

I have an NI card and do get the RTEs (except for things like football, which is scrambled).

Thats why I'm wondering if I drop down to FreeSat from Sky are the RTE channels scrambled again.