Free webspace?

GeneralZod

Anyone got any recommendations for free webspace? I'm looking for a site to host images from an amateur sports club.

The existing site keeps hitting storage capacity restrictions.

The amount of downloads will not be that great.

www.eircom.net - when you register for a free email address they provide you will 20 MB of free webspace - no banner ads

http://www.mysite.com/free/
They give you 50 MB disk space -- stores about 500 photos!
1 GB Monthly bandwidth
Cool themes and site building templates
Blogging tools
File Manager (No FTP)
However you will have to accept Banner ads on your site

awardspace.com

FREE Hosting Plan

€0 ($ 0,00)
PER MONTH
200MB Disk Space
5GB Monthly Traffic

2 Domains Hosting
5 Subdomains
Free DNS Server
PHP, Perl/CGI-BIN
1 MySQL Database
FTP/FrontPage Access
5 POP3/IMAP E-mails
FREE Account Setup
Web-based File Manager

Usually that sort of free Package insists on Banner Ads or Pop Ups.PM the Full Specs you need & I will sort out hosting for you.

If its just for photos why not use flickr or picasa? Both offer free image hosting and have decent storage that can be upgraded easily for a small fee

You really get what you pay for with free hosting - and the providers are not as plentiful as they were a few years back (perhaps as they realised providing hosting actually costs a lot of money to do well)

The reason i am looking for free hosting is because i intend to use the space for a simple web, to promote some personal fund raising activities (not organised stuff with high overhead) that i have planned for 2008 onwards and would like to accept Paypal payment (though their fee is a bit high:(). This is pure "leisure" and not a business in any way.
Photos only hosting as suggested above is unfortunately too restrictive for what i want to do.

As i am sure i will not raise millions, any overhead encountered will go against amount of money reaching the charities.
While i intend to cover all costs (travel, accomodation, entry fees, etc..) myself, i still want to get the best return i can get, hence free or cheap and cheerfull hosting.

If i am not mistaken, the cheapest non-free hosting is about €35 per year and a ".com" for about €8 per year. Not the end of the world if i have to pay this from my own pocket, but would rather give it to charity.

Is that correct?

Digiweb have hosting packages starting at 20 euros.

Couple of other options:
1) Approach one of the major hosting companies explaining your charity and asked if they would do you a deal, in return for some free publicity?

2) You could also get cheap hosting package for the website, but then store the pictures on Picasa. That way the large files / bandwidth aspects are being dealt with for free, yet you have the benefit of the website

3) Register a domain name and the host it with google on Google Apps [broken link removed]

4) Alternatively set up a blogger.com account and set up a blog, thats free.

We (www.register365.com) sponsor lots of lots of charities, everything from the huge really well known to the very small - drop me a line with the details, am sure we can help you out.

Back