Free to air Satelite dish

Delta

Hi Daughter, just bought a Ross Satelite Dish in Homebase. Seems to be tons of channels, but no Irish ones. Altho' don't think that would be an issue for her.
1. Has anyone tried one of these
2. Who do you get to fit one.
Would be glad of any info.

Hi Delta,

I have one myself (FTA), put it up a while back (one from Aldi / Lidl )... there won't be any Irish channels on the FTA. The english channels will be the main channels that you will get / .watch & also the movie channels..

You will need an indoor / outdoor aerial for the Irish Channels (rte 1/2/tv3/tg4) or a saorview box/tv.

Hi Jazz, thanks for reply. Will need someone to fit it. Where do I look for this info.

Hi Jazz, thanks for reply. Will need someone to fit it. Where do I look for this info.

Did she receive Irish channels via an aerial before? If so, she should be able to get the Saorview channels now as well, as long as the aerial is of decent quality.

Hi Delta,

Assume it is the Sat dish you are inquiring about getting installed? What part of the country is she living in? I would think that someone from AAM in your area might be able to recommend someone, failing that, call into any TV aerial / repair shop. They should be able to recommend someone...

Cay you get the irish channels without having a satelite dish or outdoor aerial? My friend lives in an apartment where she cannot erect a satelite dish or outdoor aerial. Will an indoor aerial suffice for the saorview?

Cay you get the irish channels without having a satelite dish or outdoor aerial? My friend lives in an apartment where she cannot erect a satelite dish or outdoor aerial. Will an indoor aerial suffice for the saorview?

should work in strong signal areas.

A sat dish is easy enough to install and lock onto a satelite (astra 28.8deg for UK channels). Where is your daughter living? May be able to help her out -privided it's not going on a roof.

Irish digital tv can be got on indoor aerial - assuming set top
Box or mpeg4 decoder in the tv.

Should really be able to use neighbours' dishes as a guide there so. From there, it's a matter of using the box's signal strength indicator and adjust the dish position slightly to get the best possible signal strangth.
Leo