Free PDF editor download

Smythe

Is anyone here aware of a free PDF editor download which does not place watermarks on the document and does not contain spyware?

If not, can anyone recommend a low cost one?

Thank you

Hi, can't recommend a free editor, but have used PDF to WORD convertor to edit documents, then converted them back again to PDF- would that be of use?

download.cnet.com will have one, from what I can remember... for PDF to WORD convertor... then "cutepdf" to create PDF again...

Hi, that sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thank you

It doesn't matter if the final document is in PDF or WORD.

Just as long as I can cut out lines of text or delete pages.

I paid around €100 for Nitro Pro and it's excellent.

Just this week I had to work on a 24 page PDF which was sent to me as an image. The sender refused to send me a Word version, so I was able to use Nitro to use OCR to convert it into Word and now I can work away on the document.

I think it's about the best value I have got for €100 on IT spend.

Brendan

Hi

Where I work we use Bullzip which is free to work with pdf. Not exactly sure about its working but it has meant less Adobe writer licences for the organisation

bullzip.com produces a series of products, some free, some pay per licince, for Windows PCs. Two of these products, PDF Printer (free up to 10 users) and PDF to Word converter work with PDF files on Windoze. PDF Printer isn't needed on a Mac and PDF to Word seems to create editable forms of PDFs. In theory it should be possible to convert a PDF to a MS Word document and then "print" the changed document back to a PDF using PDF Printer. A trifle long-winded but it should work.

Just a footnote - the version of Word included in MS Office 2010 includes .pdf as a "Save As" option, so no need for extra software for that part of the job at least.

Back