Free Music Tracks???

T

tobo

Hello again,

I belong to the 'only know the chorus' singing fraternity and only having two songs (The Galway Shawl and Edelweiss) that I can sing all the verses to solo when forced to in a session in my local watering hole, it was my New Years resolution to extend and diversify my repertoire for the benefit of my apparently appreciative audience.

I have chosen the Neil Diamond track 'Hello Again' as my victim and I have sourced the lyrics from www.lyrics.com. I now need to hear the music to make sure that I am doing justice to the artist and songwriter.

I have heard that people can call up tracks on the web to listen to and that some disreputable people may even download the track without charge or royalties. I would not dream of depriving Mr Diamond of a few cents to add to the trillions of dollars he has already earned but I would like to investigate these web sites for purely academic purposes only! Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I'm sure that Google would find such sites for you...

Free music

I'm sure that Google would find such sites for you...

Thank you O. I may not know many songs but please don't consider that I have not heard of Google or know of it's phenomenal searching powers. I do hope that you don't resort to your above reply too often as it could be applied to the majority of queries placed by contributors to AAM and could be considered condescending and unhelpful.

I made my request because I was hoping that people with practical experience of such websites (good and bad) could advance my knowledge through their qualitative observations. That is the beauty of AAM and the weakness of search engines.

In any event, thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

-

I must side with tobo on this. Why does 0 seem to be so angry all the time?? A question was asked, all 0 had to do was read it, shrug if he/she did not know the answer and move on to the next topic rather giving an inane answer about google.

Pure rudeness if you ask me...

mp3

Tobo,
Short of buying the song, theres 2 ways of doing it, either find a site that has the song available for download as mp3 or get yourself set up with some filesharing software such as limewire or kazaa. Go to www.zdnet.com and you'll find both of those applications. Both come bundled with spyware which you should be able to get rid of with a product called adaware which is also on zdnet.com.
Its harder to find a site with a particular song, but if you do just click download and you should be ok, I havent had any problems with these sites.

Why select a song you're so unfamiliar with to perform in the first place? Aren't there many songs you know and like and identify with more, that you could treat you audience to Tobo?

Pure rudeness if you ask me...

Hey Jehova - "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...

:)

big nose

anyone know where I can download a bag of gravel?
:)

Re: song lyrics

[broken link removed]

Couldn't find any bags of gravel...

Dr. M.

oooh no not again.

tobo
The real neil...Select hello again. Harem shreik plays this is Hello Again
[broken link removed]

It's not Neil singing it but he is pretty good !!!
daretosing.com/old/?view=6819

Go easy on O, he does have a tendency to do this. You would not be the first to pull him up, but then again the 'other side' (Self help group on a community forum ???) say that he is only trying to point you in the right direction !!

O
I see you joined Tommy's cliched/sayings brigade

In his/their defence they have also been very helpful on many occasion, so one must take the rough with the smooth. ;) :rollin ;)

Re: oooh no not again.

Hello again, hello,

Thanks for all your help.

Tall Chapy. You really came up trumps and I would never have found that link, even on Google.

Car. I was a bit suspicious about some of the sites I visited as I felt that stuff might be placed on my PC that I did not want. Thanks for the warning.

OBrien. I have the kind of voice that is not suited to many songs (or... kind to many songs!). I was familiar with the song to an extent but there is a particular difficult middle verse that I was not sure about. I'm sorted now.

O. I didn't mean to be too harsh on you as I have observed you being very helpful in other topics. I just get concerned that some new contributors might get intimidated by "go and look it up yourself" type responses from regular posters. As a peace offering - is there an easy way for me to record my new song and post it on AAM for you to enjoy?!!! :D

Re: oooh no not again.

Fair play tobo - no offence taken. Believe it or not I was actually trying to help but on reflection can see how the "search Google" response might have been a bit terse and could be interpreted as giving short shrift. Oh - and I wasn't in a bad humour either! Look - :)

Back