Free international calls

johndublin

Has anyone tried out allfreecalls.ie

According to the website you only have to pay the price of a local call and not the international part. By dialing one of thise 1890 numbers....

I tried it on my mobile, but i think its for landlines only?

I use the dialwise one and its great . you have a set rate with you provider for 1890 numbers, its usually little more than local call rate .

What does that mean - good or bad, genuine or scam?

Deffo not a scam, I think, i also read the owners blog, genuine guy from what I can see, we are being ripped off by telecoms...

From what I see, he gets a commission for you calling the lowcall number (not sure how that works) and this must be more than the wholesale cost of the international cost ...

sorry thats just my take on what the website says, so take it as my view rather than fact...

Some VOIP programs (like skype, but not skype) offer free calls in the US. could be possible to use them to call allfreecalls.net US access number and then get the whole call for free.

Was trying with iCalls.com software but wasnt working. Think iCalls is having some teething problems.

Some VOIP programs (like skype, but not skype) offer free calls in the US. could be possible to use them to call allfreecalls.net US access number and then get the whole call for free.

- Do you mean dial the Ireland number and then dial the U.S. number and then the actual number you want. That would be unnecessary and either way you will have to pay the 1890 part which is a local call charge.
I need a way to use eircom and be able to call a U.S. Mobile (Cellphone) for FREE -now that's a killer application.

There is an american access number 712-858-8094 which you should be able to call for free using icalls or voipcheap software.
then enter the international number you want to call. Dont use the 1890 number mentioned in allfreecalls.ie . use the number on allfreecalls.net.

I havent tried it yet...but thats the theory.

Allfreecalls is only free from the US to certain countries according to this:
Where Can I Call?

Our free service allows you to make free calls from the US to any of the countries listed below:

Downloaded icalls -couldnt log in then blue screen of death -anybody successfully use icalls?

Last edited by a moderator: