Free Current Account Banking

vol

I have a PTSB switcher that's free but they won't give me a laser card on it because I don't have salary paid into it (I have substantial savings but am in education right now) so I am looking to open another account.

I've heard AIB automatically give you a laser card but trawling through their website is like pulling teeth, particularly the section on fees and according to IFSRA their best account isn't free?

So, can anyone tell me other institutions that offer free banking with a laser card? Thanks!

AIB have free banking as long as you use your laser card and do an online transaction once a quarter.

free laser card also.

Dunno about this-you are still liable for stamp duty on a laser card (payable to the Revenue of course), and Ulster Bank charge you whenever you are issued with a new card (maybe not initially, but when your first card has expired, and I have a feeling this is not covered by their free banking.

Also, if ptsb won't give the OP a laser card, UB (or AIB for that matter) are unlikely to offer them one on the same basis-but the savings may help.

Back