Free car parking at the Dail.

thedaras

Just become a TD for as little as nine months,(George Lee ).

Free parking for life in the centre of Dublin,,wow..wonder if BIK is paid for the pleasure.

I think it's poor form that those who make the laws don't live by the same ones as us.
Another recent example is the increasing of retirement ages, yet ministers can get multiple pensions, while they're still working!

I think it's poor form that those who make the laws don't live by the same ones as us.
Another recent example is the increasing of retirement ages, yet ministers can get multiple pensions, while they're still working!
make that multiple guaranteed defined benefit pensions and you're spot on.

Looks like he's lost the moral authority to question politicians on their perks.

What amazes me he has the gall or barefaced cheek to use the facility and he was the one who was going to have vital input. That perk should be withdrawn immediately and I for one would love to tell our brave geroge F... 0.... .

He has lost all credibility.

I wonder how much that perk is worth over a lifetime.

noah

Do you know that he has used the facility since he resigned.

I, too, would be disgusted if he did, but I am not going to accuse him of it, without evidence.

See this link below for verifaction.

www.independent.ie/.../wheel-deal-for-george-with-free-parking-for-life-2108846.html

It was in the paper on Wednesday, either the Indo or Times, he was spotted by a Journalist parking and sauntering off into the sunset so to speak

Thanks for that.

If, after a general election, a member of the Seanad is elected to the Dail their seat becomes vacant. If they were nominated to the Seanad by the Taoiseach, the Taoiseach can name someone to replace them, This only lasts until the new Seanad is formed, a few months later. However, these temp Senators, get the parking for life perk.

I wonder how many times the Taoiseach of the day has done this to do a favour to a friend

According to Wikipedia, on 22nd June 2007. 4 people were nominated to the Seanad by Bertie Ahern. They were Senators for a few months. 3 of them were not nominated when the new Seanad was formed, so were Senators for 2 months, during which the Seanad did not sit.

The 3 were Chris Wall (former election agent of Bertie), Peter Sands (former director of electiosn in Louth for FF) and Sean Dorgan ( General Secretary of FF)

What a great example our higher echelons set and well done George you really did pull the wool over our eyes.

€28,000 wow!

no--

Here we go again. Somebody is using a bloody car park for free. If George Lee or some other self-opinionated git was not using the facility, some other inspired idiot would. The government loves this kind of crap - gets people away from thinking of the real issues in Ireland Ltd.

Leper; You mention all of these in your post above;

Bloody, Git Idiot and Crap..

I haven't seen this type of language on AAM or at least so many in one post.

I enjoy the posts on AAM for the very reason that this does not happen..

Can you say if you are a member of the Public service/union/private sector.

Last edited:
Absolutely !

Leper , I fell into a fainting fit when I read your post and my butler had to revive me !

Can you say if you are Paul Gogarty ?