Free Broadband-Gaelic Telecom

oldtimer

Anybody heard of above Company? Received letter from Cumann na mBunscol offering me free broadband. If I take up the offer a primary school nominated my me ''can receive funds directly for Gaelic Games.'' As a follow up to the letter I received a phone call from a very forceful gentleman trying to persuade me to take up the offer. The offer on face value appears a no brainer but there must be a snag somewhere. Anybody else with similar experience?

Presumably it is their [broken link removed].

Looks like you have to take their phone package as well.

My parents have their phone service with Gaelic telecom. I think Gaelic telecom's broadband is supplied by Imagine. The free broadband is tied up to their 11.99 phone package and is time dependent (20 hours) but they have 1mb always on broadband (which my brother has) for 9.99 a month. He's happy enough with it and has had no problems so far. Check out their website for further info.

Is anybody else using Gaelic Telecom. I too have just got the letter and I must say the 1mb always on €9.99 a month package seems good which you can avail of if you go with an €11.99 a month telephone package. The only other cost then is line rental of € 24.18 bring a total monthly outlay of €46.16 which seems a lot lower than my current eircom deal which includes broadband.