Frankfurt-Cologne trains

tink

Hi Im going to Cologne next week to the christmas markets. We are flying into Frankfurt and I would like to know what train we should take. I know there is an ICE high speed train but my friend says it is 55 euro each way, can anyone recommend if it is worth this? We are arriving at 8 in the morning so don't know if this will have any bearing on rush hour crowds etc? Thanks !

The train station is in the basement of FRA airport , from a quick look fares are v€58- for a 1 hr trip and €42- for the slower 2hr . However check out the special fares and you can have a €39- or €29- fare , BUT no refund and cant change to a later train , there are fares as low as €19- off peak .
I think that the 2hr trains still follow thr Rhein which is great scenery, might be worth checking out with tourist office. If the price is too high why not spend the weekend in Fra-Wiesbaden-Mainz area?
pjq

If you are flying with Lufthansa to FRA, you can get a Rail&Fly fare. It's €38 for a 2nd class return ticket and that fare includes the ICE high-speed train supplement.

See .

Back