France V Ireland

Its hardly worth 800k...isn`t it on sky anyway. We could still have the studio discussion which will probably be the best part.

Its hardly worth 800k...isn`t it on sky anyway. We could still have the studio discussion which will probably be the best part.

Around 1 million people watched it on Saturday. The additional advertising revenues should easily pay the cost.

If not, I'm sure €800k spread amongst all those who don't subscribe to Sky Sports but would like to watch it at home represents a good deal i.e. something worth paying the licence fee for

I heard Sky and RTE were working together to get the rights, so it might not have cost RTE £800k.

Win, lose or draw ,its great entertainment and good that its on terrestial T.V. Pity there are no goals given for effort or even spirit.

Neither RTE or Sky were willing to pay the €1.5 million the FF were looking for. RTE paid in or around €400K for both TV and Radio Rights. This works out at around €200K per hour of TV, much less than the Clinic or any other Drama and this will be the most dramatic thing RTE will show this year.

It would only be dramatic if we were a few goals up going into the Paris match.Then we could do a Jack Charlton type boot the ball anywhere out of the danger area and it is always exciting trying to hang on to a lead.
My understanding is that the F.A.I. aka john delany ****ed off the French T.V. station that had the rights to the Paris match,in accepting a bigger bid from a rival station...thus landing RTE in the mire.Surely the FAI should have engaged RTE and ensured that any deal should have ensured that the irish fans would be able to watch both matches on RTE.

I think the FAI are seriously in need of cash at the moment hence accepting the Higher Bid. But I can't see how that would effect the price as the FFF held the rights not a French TV Station.

Back