France self catering accommodation advice needed

triplej

I am planning to travel to France this Summer (end of May begining of June) with my wife and then to be 10 month old boy. We were hoping to stay in self catering accommodation in the La Rochell area or thereabouts, within 30-40 km perhaps. Ideally, it would be close to a small town/village where we would have access to shop for foodstuff. Other than that we're not too fussy, so long as its clean and cheerful we are happy. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I stayed in a campsite just south of La Rochelle called Bonne Anse Plage. It was on No Froniers a few weeks back and is a good 4* site
La Plamyre small town is 2 min drive away with one of the best zoos in Europe and a long promenade for walking the babby

Zagarella camp site in St Jean de Monts is also supposed to be recommended

To get campsite ideas, I go to Keycamp and see where they are, then search online for the web site of the campsite and book direct with them and you could save 100's

Use this website. Go for 4 star sites. Book direct with the campsite.
[broken link removed]

Thanks tosullivan and macnas for your suggestions, I'll follow up on your links and might be back with a few further queries later. Hope that's alright! Thanks again.

Thanks again for the help on this, through the various links provided we eventually ended up going with a self catering cottage in the south of Brittany from the following site http://www.homelidays.com/. I'll let ye know if is one to recommend when we return.