Fragile System We Are Living in

roker

we are living in a science fiction movie. Imagine when half your neighbours are no more when the virus has run out of control, your electric goes off because there is a shortage of fuel and manpower. Your internet will go down so you cannot do online banking transfer fund pay your bill's, wages pension will not transfer to your bank or any internet related function.
You cannot run your heating system, cooker, fridge, TV washing machine etc.
Without electric the pumps won't work to give a water supply via mains or well.
Petrol and Diesel cannot be pumped and are in short supply so you cannot go to shops or to work, unless you walk, until the shop suppliers run out,
THIS IS THE FRAGILE SYSTEM WE LIVE IN

Last edited:
Shure we know that. We experienced all that during the Beast From The East and Storm Ophelia. And there was that bad storm, was it February 2014? My 80 year old mother was without electricity for six days. And she got on grand.

I don't understand why more people don't plan for this. I have; I've four kids, the plan is to eat the fattest one first.

On a serious note I always thought that the most essential service was water and sewage. If those guys stopped working for a month civilisation would collapse and tens of thousands would die. Truck drivers who deliver everything would be a close second. Then electricity (it would be higher except we have an interconnector). If doctors and nurses stopped working for a month it would have far less impact. Most of the rest of us wouldn't be missed at all.

Shure we know that. We experienced all that during the Beast From The East and Storm Ophelia. And there was that bad storm, was it February 2014? My 80 year old mother was without electricity for six days. And she got on grand.
she experience a few days, did she have a stove or fireplace. houses a being built now without chimneys. Half the population didn't die so they could still man the service. As I said it is fiction but it could still happen

Modern technology has made the life safer, longer and far more comfortable for most of the people in the world. If it was removed we would be less safe, less comfortable and many of us would die much sooner. That's hardly news.

grew up on top of a mountain where there was power cuts 3 or 4 times a year. As farmers, that took the water supply down as we had our own pump house. We also had a back boiler so couldn't light the fire. So no light, heat or water. I'm an Ulster Bank customer and lived through their "outage" a few years ago. Nothing here us country folk have not seen before

grew up on top of a mountain where there was power cuts 3 or 4 times a year. As farmers, that took the water supply down as we had our own pump house. We also had a back boiler so couldn't light the fire. So no light, heat or water. I'm an Ulster Bank customer and lived through their "outage" a few years ago. Nothing here us country folk have not seen before
And yet you've mastered the inter-web, well done! :p

wait until your Diesel is in short supply

Back