Forthcoming inroads on net pay

dewdrop

I am retired and like most people, except those who get annual increments, am somewhat worried how i will be able to cope with all the new charges coming up in 2012. i have in mind additional health insurance premium, property tax and water charges. I have cut back on all major items like unnecessary food and drink and clothes. I am not starving ! but welcome any practical ideas on how to reduce outlay to cope with the increased outlay

I heard on the radio earlier that that VHI have brought much cheaper, alternative plans that still provide fairly decent cover. You just have to pay an excess in the event of a claim in a few of their plans.

The advice was to thoroughly research all the options before selecting a health insurer or a particular plan.

I am retired and like most people, except those who get annual increments, am somewhat worried how i will be able to cope with all the new charges coming up in 2012. i have in mind additional health insurance premium, property tax and water charges. I have cut back on all major items like unnecessary food and drink and clothes. I am not starving ! but welcome any practical ideas on how to reduce outlay to cope with the increased outlay

I am in a similar position. Thank God I don't smoke and only like an occasional pint. I am also lucky to live in an area where I have both Aldi and Lidl as well as Tesco, Superquinn, SuperValu and Dunnes Stores and M & S. So I can play one off against the other. I log on to see their various food deals but also get flyers in the letterbox. Definitely use your loyalty cards and Pigsback vouchers. I also have an Ulster Bank credit card that gives me loyalty points so I use this to pay most bills then collect a voucher.

Back