Forrest Hill Carrigaline, Co. Cork.

W

whats up car

Hi all,

I am considering making an offer on a 3 bed semi in Forrest Hill, Carrigaline.

They are listing at €310 but are willing to negotiate on this price.
Has anyone bought a house here recently and how much did you offer for a similar house type?

Secondly, has anyone offered a price which has been refused and if so how much did you offer?

Finally, does anyone think an offer of €250 on a house listing for €310 is realistic?

Ps i know it is a bit cheeky asking people what they have paid for there house but it would help a great deal to find out.

Thank you.

Its absolutely realistic.

There are literally dozens of 3 bed semis listed for 250K and less around Carrigaline, so 250K is probably in the right ballpark.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?...eshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=sale&offset=10

Given most of the houses asking c.250K will probably take an offer of 10 or 20K less, your 250K is very realistic in my view.

Be aware, the "convention" is that the first offer is usually refused, and they will probably push back on it almost instinctively. So, you should probably communicate carefully when submitting your offer, i.e be firm, possibly indicating that its your first and final offer, and don't rush it.

Just want to say that we bought one of this developers houses in another development in the height of the boom and were thrilled with the quality of the house. Unfortunately, we didn't appreciate it at the time but when we moved - we certainly did! The houses look very smart - I love the style and if you can get yourself a good deal - well done.

Back