Form for travelling to the USA

Chuckles

Is there a new form to be filled out onlline before travelling to the USA now?

If so, has anyone the link that they can provide me with?

Thanks!
Chuckles

[broken link removed] is the link to the form. You need this to qualify for the visa waiver.....you will still need to fill in the green form at the airport but the ESTA is obligatory.

[broken link removed] is the link to the form. You need this to qualify for the visa waiver.....you will still need to fill in the green form at the airport but the ESTA is obligatory.

Depends where you arre travelling to we travelled to NY in June and were never asked to present our forms and the lady in the airport said they useless and will still have to fill them in manually at the airport until they sort out their system

We also went to New York In June and had these forms. We were asked at the airport if we had them but werent asked to produce to them.

You don't need to bring the form but you need to have it filled in. When they scan your passport all the info you filled in comes up.

On our last trip to the US (from Central Europe) the English couple in front of us at immigration were having a very difficult time trying to get in cos they didn't fill in the form. They were very clear - you have to have filled in an ESTA to qualify for the Visa Waiver.

Always make sure that you go to the correct website as there are a number of dodgy websites out there that charge money.

This is the official website and you need to apply for authorisation no less than 72 hours prior to travel

[broken link removed]

Be careful not to accidentally land on a "sponsored site" as some of them charge you €70 or so for information available free and publicly at the US Embassy website.

Also note you have to go through this ESTA on-line process before each visit.

Also note you have to go through this ESTA on-line process before each visit.
Are you sure about that? I thought once you obtained clearance it is valid for two years (or until your passport expires it that is within the two years).

You don't have to but they advise that you update your details before each visit. You use the authorisation number you already have and just change your address in the US for your stay

Authorisation is valid for 2 years from the original application (will they remind people when they're due to run out ?)

Updating your online application with address details / flight info is indeed possible ... but I've never done so and I left it blank on the original application (it's listed as optional info), and I have travelled to the US probably half a dozen times since without issues.