Form 12 PRSA 2003 cheque from state?

• Thread starter airwave1007
  • Start date
A

airwave1007

Hi,

I just started my PRSA last month to beat the deadline for Oct 31st to make my one of payment for 2003. I was wondering if someone could tell me how I can claim this back? I have rcvd a Form 12 from Revenue but wow is there a lot of stuff to be filled out. I am a normal PAYE worker and as far as I know I pay all my taxes could they find something in this full review and then bill me for it? Do I need to do Form 12 so that I can request back 42% from once of payment?

Thanks in advance.

If Revenue issued you with a form P12 and asked you to complete and return it then you are obliged to do this as far as I know. Notwithstanding that, to claim tax relief on pension contributions should not, in itself, require a form P12 to be completed and returned. Just write to Revenue including details of the payment (e.g. the PRSA1 certificate for the one off lump sum payment), a copy of your 2003 P60 and details of what you are claiming and they should process it and issue a refund. That's always worked for me anyway.

No I ask for the P12 form as I thought that is what I had to send in. So I will do as you mentioned and send P60 2003 and PRSA cert etc tand hope that it works.

Thanks

When you're sending in the P60 and PRSA1 certificate, make sure to remind them of your age and that you wish to claim the contribution against the 2003 tax year. I've seen instances where they didn't process this correctly because they weren't told.

Good point Chord of Souls - it's a good idea to err on the side of caution and spell everything out in detail to be on the safe side.

Back