Forest Hill, Carrigaline

purplealien

Hi - im afterputting a deposit on a 4 bed detached in Forest Hill . The house is 1,650 sq ft and is priced at €520,000. Has any one else booked one or does any one have any opinions/information on the new estate.
Thanks

I've been trying to get onto them today but haven't had any luck yet. Just want to get a brochure and price list. Do you know when the first phase is going to be completed?

Thanks TTV, but i live in Carrigaline already so that's not much good to me.
Andy and Lou - 3 bed trce are €365,000, 3 bed semi are €380,000, 4 bed semi are €440,000, then you have three different types of 4 bed detached for €575,000 and the smaller 4 bed detached for €520,000. I would say to you, if you are going for a semi, you should buy in castle heights because they offer a way better spec.

Hi P,

I finally got on to Astra before lunch and they told me there are 2 different 3 bed semis 365,000 and 370,000. The 370,000 have the family room seperate which I prefer and they are over 1280 sq ft spanning over 2 floors not 3 floors like most of the ones houses in Castleheights which usually means smaller living space. I did look into Castleheights and to be honest I didn't really like the layout downstairs either, no utility room or seperate family room.

I'm not going to be much help here. Excuse me for asking though, am out of the loop from Carrigaline at the moment. Have Astra only recently announced they're taking offers on this? How many units are on offer during Phase 1. altogether? How many units are going to be offered on total for this development? Is it close to the "dodgy" Ard Carrig and Mount Rivers estates? Can you get a physical brochure? Is there a show house to view?

My only contribution is that judging from Astra's previous work in Carrigaline (Clevedon, Heron's Wood, etc) is that the build quality is likely to be decent. The prices do seem a little on the high side though for the area.

I'm not going to be much help here. Excuse me for asking though, am out of the loop from Carrigaline at the moment. Have Astra only recently announced they're taking offers on this? How many units are on offer during Phase 1. altogether? How many units are going to be offered on total for this development? Is it close to the "dodgy" Ard Carrig and Mount Rivers estates? Can you get a physical brochure? Is there a show house to view?

My only contribution is that judging from Astra's previous work in Carrigaline (Clevedon, Heron's Wood, etc) is that the build quality is likely to be decent. The prices do seem a little on the high side though for the area.
They only announced it last weekend, they were launched Monday.There's around 50 houses released in phase 1 - there wil 450 in total. It is not near the "dodgy" estates. You can get a brochure at the site office in herons Wood. No showhouse yet.

Living in Herons wood at the moment and the builder really has done a great job with the estate. Looking forward to being part of the next one.

Hi purplealien - I note in a recent post you said you had bought in Castle Heights and were saying how the commue was not bad compared to London & Dublin, have you changed your mind on Castle Heights?

I received the brochure and prices from astra but the houses that I would have been interested were booked (only 2 in the first phase) after many attempts of trying to contact astra I finally got onto someone yesterday eve who said one of the houses may be available but they won't be able to confirm until next week.

In the meantime I took a closer look at the brochure and notice there were another type of 3bed semi (Type B2) the layout of this type seem to be better ie the family room and kitchen seem far bigger but by looking at them they don't keep to have a driveway? I wonder what the back gardens are like in these type of houses. TBH I think they look like one house with a front door and side, does any one else think this?

They only announced it last weekend, they were launched Monday.There's around 50 houses released in phase 1 - there wil 450 in total. It is not near the "dodgy" estates. You can get a brochure at the site office in herons Wood. No showhouse yet.

Living in Herons wood at the moment and the builder really has done a great job with the estate. Looking forward to being part of the next one.

Hi can you tell me where these are? going to be renting there shortly on my own with a toddler and would like some info on the area and where are the 'dodgy' bits.
ta

Hi purplealien - I note in a recent post you said you had bought in Castle Heights and were saying how the commue was not bad compared to London & Dublin, have you changed your mind on Castle Heights?
Should have my deposit back in the post by Tuesday. \was going for a 4 bed end of trce in Castle Heights, when i found out there were detached been released in Forest Hill, i was delighted.
Saying that, if there had been 4 bed detached available in Castle Heights, i'd stick with that estate as the spec is much better. They are both on the same side of Carrigaline so the commute is the same.

Hi can you tell me where these are? going to be renting there shortly on my own with a toddler and would like some info on the area and where are the 'dodgy' bits.
ta
See this [broken link removed]. Mount Rivers and Ard Carrig council estates near Church Hill. I used the word dodgy in quotes because they're certainly not as bad as Moyross or Ballymun council estates.

See this [broken link removed]. Mount Rivers and Ard Carrig council estates near Church Hill. I used the word dodgy in quotes because they're certainly not as bad as Moyross or Ballymun council estates.

also the map oesn't show it but Ard Carrig (address: feney road) is built on a hill. So Pedestrian traffic from to the "Village" proceeds via a footpath the mount rivers (address: church hill), no one walks uphill to the feney road, that is just used as the vehicular entrance.

feney road is a route from carrigaline upper to crosshaven, and as any estate agent will know mentioning the word crosshaven makes the price go up

Hi Purplealien,

personally i would stay clear of forest hill, mainly due to the location, dodgy might be a word to descibe it, you also have the potential of major traffic depending on where you are working.
But my main concern/worry is as the market in carrigaline is in a slump at the moment and around the country generally, do you want to buy a house in a new estate that might never be finished off or even worse be living in a construction site for 10-15 years or more until all the phases are finished, this is the same for castle heights, the houses are not selling. Herons wood took over 6 years to complete, Astra have just moved out and this was during the boom time when house were bought even before the grass was turned, so imagine how long it will take to complete along with the nuscience of construction noise/traffic/dust and dirt..if i were you i would weight up what its worth to buy new versus second hand in an established finished estate.

hi johnnyg
i just want to say that i recently viewed the 4 be detached houses in forest hill and they are without doubt the best built/value house to come on the market in carrigaline in years,a far superior house to anything castleheights or herons wood can offer i am also dealing with astra construction who can not be more helpfull .
talking to the builders themselves they expect it to be the best finished park in carrigaline with landscaping even out doing the beautifully finished herons wood.
As regard to traffic like anywhere in carrigaline it will be busy during peak hours
but the new bypass road which runs up to forest hill will be extremley helpfull,
also with the housing market due to pick up in the next few months dont expect these houses in forest hill to stay at these prices for long once people experience
at first hand the build quality.

hi johnnyg
i just want to say that i recently viewed the 4 be detached houses in forest hill and they are without doubt the best built/value house to come on the market in carrigaline in years,a far superior house to anything castleheights or herons wood can offer i am also dealing with astra construction who can not be more helpfull .
talking to the builders themselves they expect it to be the best finished park in carrigaline with landscaping even out doing the beautifully finished herons wood.
As regard to traffic like anywhere in carrigaline it will be busy during peak hours
but the new bypass road which runs up to forest hill will be extremley helpfull,
also with the housing market due to pick up in the next few months dont expect these houses in forest hill to stay at these prices for long once people experience
at first hand the build quality.
Any chance you could switch off the underlining to aid legibility of your posts?

Back