Forensic Audit on mortgages

segap

Hi all ,

Just inquiring since this seems to be a Hub of informed people. I've been seeing this a lot on my facebook recently about people performing a "forensic audit" done for mortgages . The page I'm referring to is this
Essentially this person had a mortgage but seemed he/she was over charged on their interest rate and was due quite a lot of compensation back.

Now currently I'm looking at this and my EBS mortgages ( yes multiple ones ) I'm paying over 5% interest on those when it appears the normal is 4-4.5%. These mortgages crippled us over the recession and I'm now wondering if we were completely over-charged.

The advice from that facebook page is to use a site like http://bankcheck.co.uk/ or others to perform the audit , but the issue is to do the audit it's roughly 900 euro which is a large amount.

So essentially I'd just love any advice from people in regards to how I could maybe find out for myself if I'm being over charged before I pay out money for something which may not yield any return.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated !