Ford Transit V's Fiat Ducato...opinions ??

Duffer

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a new van (not brand new maybe 03-07), i've been told so many different things that i am unsure of what to think anymore, i need a long wheel base and a high roof but more importantly RELIABILITY as i bought a renault master (my last van) and it is now sitting in my garden going nowhere.

From what i have looked into and read/been told, a transit would be the van for me (except from late '06 upwards), then a friend of mine suggested a Fiat Ducato,firstly i laughed and said you must be joking a FIAT !!!! He says fiat cars are rubbish but the vans are the opposite even the AA use them in their fleet and they are much better that a transit or most vans,

So my question is, Ford Transit or a Fiat Ducato ???

or maybe even another van i should get if you have any good experiences.(except renault master avoid avoid avoid )

Thank you in advance for any comments.

There is an 03 and 04 transit in work and a few 07's

Somewhere in the middle they made massive inprovements to the cabin way more comfortable to live with.

Out of 10 vans don't seem to be too many problems.

Look at the auctions drive down to merlin in naas rows and rows of vans, unfortuanately I suppose a sign of business and dreams falling apart.

You would be amazed at the value.

I thought about the idea of the auction alright frank, i have the notion in my head that thats the place people put all their rubbish up to because they cant get rid of it ?? maybe i am wrong....if things have changed that much,
Dont suppose you happened to notice any long wheel base/high roof vans up there or is it all smaller stuff ??

maybe a trip up there out of interest could be on the cards.