Ford Galaxy or VW Sharan

M

misspolly

Hi
Am trading up to at least 2010 or newer. I am torn between these two cars, wondering can anyone offer any advice re either. Here are my options, both 2010 or newer, both are new models, offerred through reputable dealerships.
1) Ford Galaxy is import with cruise (I did really want cruise as we will drive long distances)
2) Sharan has no cruise, but is Irish car, has the electronic handbrake and sliding doors. It also appears to be slightly longer/wider than Galaxy and sliding doors are a big plus for tight spaces.

Questions
Any risks to imports? Is now the time to buy import before VRT goes up in the budget? I am just inherently nervous about going down the import route. Dealer has said that the car will still be under the Ford warranty for the remainder of the 3 year period.
Has anyone got any positive experiences of either option? Any help much appreciated. Rgds

Check out the reviews of both on HonestJohn's site. There you'll get details of the good and bad points of each along with known issues and MPG figures from owners.

Back