Ford Galaxy Fumes

HighFlier

Mrs HF recently bought a Ford Galaxy (new model) and whilst it is a superb machine we have a real problem.

Every so often there is a terrible smell of fumes either exhaust fumes or fuel not sure which.

It seems to come through the front air vents.

Also people standing outside the front of the car have commented on it.

It is very intermittent maybe once a week for an hour or so and every time we bring it to the garage it is perfect (typical!) and they cant find anything wrong.

We are worried because we carry young children and a baby and are scared of carbon monoxide or suchlike.

Has anyone experienced anything like this.

BTW less than 3000 km on the clock ...Its Diesel fuelled.

That is a right puzzler.

Does the aroma coincide with a/c use by any chance?

Yes, As I said he could find nothing wrong and there were no fumes at the time. It is very very intermittent but very noticable when it happens.

your rear auxillary fuel pre heater is leaking. id say do you ocasionnaly see white smoke on the passenger side of the car ? air the fumes worst in the rear?

your rear auxillary fuel pre heater is leaking. id say do you ocasionnaly see white smoke on the passenger side of the car ? air the fumes worst in the rear?
We had that problem on our old model. Surely the car is still under warrantee, why not being it to a Ford main dealer?

Yes we had the auxiliary heater problem on our old model which consisted of plumes of smoke out the side and rear but this is definitely in the front and coming out of the vents. It stops when you turn the ac blower off. Also someone told me that there is no auxiliary heater in the new model?

Its been to the dealer twice but he cant find anything wrong because the problem is intermittent . I dont think he really believes us and thinks its in our mind but lots of people have commented to us on it and when its there its very strong,

Can you carry a phone or camera that can take video clips in the car and take a short film when it happens again.

Back