Ford Focus Timing Belt

P

PMQ

I have a 2000 Ford Focus 1.6 with about 58k miles and the timing belt is due for a change. I've been quoted 600 Euro at the Ford garages for this.

I don't intend to keep the car more than another year so does anyone know of a good independent mechanic in North Kildare /Dublin West/City Centre that could do this for more reasonable money.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have a 2000 Ford Focus 1.6 with about 58k miles and the timing belt is due for a change. I've been quoted 600 Euro at the Ford garages for this.

I don't intend to keep the car more than another year so does anyone know of a good independent mechanic in North Kildare /Dublin West/City Centre that could do this for more reasonable money.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I heard that too about the focus belts not being due till 100k, but I can't see how they ever expected it to last that long...in saying that I've heard Ford honouring warranty work on engines that are out of their warranty period, where the belt has snapped before the 100k

My wife has a 99 Focus Ghia from new. 85000 miles, still with original timing belt. I was quiet concerned when I went at 60k to get the belt changed, and was told to come back in 3 years at 100k. No problems.

It is not the belt that is the main worry but the tensioner pulley that can break prematurely.Parts are between 100 and 110 which includes a new belt and pulley. From going on a lot of Focus sites you should be thinking about replacing these from 65k onwards. Apparently driving pattern and oil leaks from oil seals getting on belt can shorten life of a belt.

Are you sure ford are quoting in miles? if they are talking
kilometers then 100k is about 60k miles.

Back