Ford Focus TDI

P

PADDYMAC

Wife has heart set on upgrading from a Micra to a Ford Focus Diesel due to change in work commute. Can anybody confirm relability of the diesel car as a friend ahd heard that the diesel engines are troublesome

Have 06 2 litre tdci myself for 2 years.11k miles when I bought, 52k miles now, no issues at all. Buddy has 08 1.8 tdci company car from new 80k kms and again no issues. Both regulary serviced and both have had minor recalls dealt with during service. Will change myself later in year, and intend to buy 1.8, powerful enough and low tax.
PS both very economical and nice to drive.

My husband has a '07 focus tdi and finds it great. It's a really nice car to drive and extremely economical. He does some heavy duty driving (40000 km/year) and has had no problems so far

I have a 1.8 tdci connect van

I have run about 30k miles through it now just over 50k miles on it now.

recently neede a job on the alternator. There are 2 pispes to the intercooler that can go but cheap.

The van is full all the time so it feels under pressure but should be fine for the focus.

If the change in work commute is based in city driving avoid a TDI of any make. There are numerous threads on car forums as to the issues with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) that will not operate to high efficiency in city driving causing expense to the owner (you don't want to know). The DPF needs a good operating temp as well as the car getting in old terms "a good daily run" where the car will be driven at over 64 KPH for a period of time.

we have 2 diesel cars that do 36 to 80 clicks per day on good main roads and I hope we won't have issues.

Back