ford focus power problems

lynx

hi all ,
bought a ford focus 1.8 TDCI 03 a few months back and it was going great. but lately all power seems to be lost especially when over taking. It takes a long time to build up speed compared to when i bought it first. A neighbour was looking at it last week and noticed a crack in a air hose .
would this affect power or are there any other possible reasons?

any advice much appreciated,

Could be leak in vacum hosing affecting the tubo boost or faulty air mass sensor- very common problem with VAG diesels. Best to get a diagnostic test done.

I had a 1.4 petrol focus so dont know if it can really compare but I had two problems that affected the power...

1) The garage forgot to plug in some wire into some control until in the engine after a service once. The car drove fine but like you it just had no power in building up speed. I went back to the garage and they plugged the wire back in and everything was fine.

2) There is this thing called a coil in the petrol focus anyways that tended to go after 60k miles and needed to be replaced. Although if it went you would generally not be able to drive the car at all really, it would be very sluggish and jumpy.

But maybe this is of no use as I had a petrol focus.

I'd say bring it to the garage and they can run checks.