Ford Focus electrics problem

C

CathalM

Have 2007 Ford Focus Style and have recurring problem regarding electrics in car. Everything could be working fine one day, then out of the blue the back windscreen wiper will start without touching the control. When this happens the remote central locking stops working and the fan in car also stops working. The only way to stop the wiper from going is to switch the fan switch to off. This could last for a few days and then out of the blue everything would be in working order again.
Another problem is my radio keeps going off and phone appears on screen as if I am receiving a call on my mobile. I am told my radio is not bluetooth and I know for certain my phone is not bluetooth. Dont know why this keeps happening, while its not a serious problem its very annoying. I'm just afraid some night while driving my lights will stop working.
Just want to know if anyone else has had this problem? I had the garage I bought the car from check it out numerous times but they could not find the fault. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if it's relevant but I had a recall on my 2005 Focus when it was just a few months old to repalce the seal on the rear wiper housing. If I remember correctly there was a chance of water getting into the motor and causing shorting and overheating. Not qualified to say if your problems could be related but might be worth checking out.

Back