Ford focus central locking problem

Delboy

I have a problem with my ford focus style, 07 reg that i hope someone may have come across before.
The central locking won't work when I press the button on the key fob. It double clicks (twice, which is once more than normal) but the doors don't lock. So I've had to go into the car and manually lock all doors before locking the drivers door with the key. But that measn the boot is left unlocked
I've tried to lock the car centrally with the key, on the drivers door ,and that does'nt work either.
The red light is flashing on the dash as much as to say the car is centrally lcoked, even when I'm in it!!!

I think the issue is with the drivers door. The internal lock button which I push to lock the car from the inside seems stuck and has to be manually moved all the wayy in or out. It does'nt move in or out fully anymore by just slightly pressing it

Is this a big and expensive problem to resolve!!!

just pointing out i put one of those trolley fake euro keyring on my keys and the magnet interfered with the central locking, heard a double click as doors unlocked themselves again.

brought it to a garage today. they said they've seen and heard of a few instances like this recently...car thiefs trying to break in using some sort of 'swipe' device on the drivers door, around the wing mirror section!

they've to order in a spare part to fix it but just over €100 all in to fix so could have been a lot worse