Ford Focus 3

levelpar

Hi , Called into Main Ford dealer in Harmonstown to have a look at any model of the new focus and asked the "deadpan" sale rep if he had any info on the 1.6 econetic focus 4 door 115 co2 rating. He never heard of econetic . Its a 1.6 tdci as far as I know and definitely has a low emission. Anyone know about this model. Personally, I think most dealers are staying quiet due to stock already on hand or trying to pass off the 07 revamped model as the Focus 3 . Maybe I'm wrong:confused:

Dealers know all about them. The Econetic is an option pack which can be fitted to the 110bhp version of the 1.6 TDCI engine. It has aerodynamic aids, and skinnier tyres.

The new cars are in the showrooms now, but in hatchback form only for now.

Wait until after June if you want to buy a low emissions car.

Thanks for explanation, Would a diesel 1.6 be much cheaper than petrol 1.6 in July when rates change Also would there be much difference in performance

Yes. VRT and road tax will both be sunstantially less after June for the diesels.

See here

Performance wise the 1.6 TDCI 110bhp has plenty of power and torque. I owned a couple of them.

Anyone have any links or know where I can get info on the focus Econetic? Likewise, I've also been given the "we haven't any info on that" line by the dealers. I want to see what specs it has. Can it be bought with Ghia options?

No info available yet. Ford.ie shows no Zetec models, and only 90bhp 1.6 TDCi's.

Anyone have any links or know where I can get info on the focus Econetic? Likewise, I've also been given the "we haven't any info on that" line by the dealers. I want to see what specs it has. Can it be bought with Ghia options?

AFAIK the Ghia option is gone - You choose Titanium instead.
No Idea on when the econetic will be out though...

Ghia is still going, although its not an option on the .co.uk website. It's in the broshure for the MK3 and was also told by dealer when I asked.

This and other Ford models not available here are listed on http://www.ford.co.uk

That auld internet search yoke is great, bejapers.

You won't find them, yet.

ECOnetic will be available on several models. It's an option pack combining a clean diesel engine, and aerodynamic aids. Wheels and tyres will be unique too.

looks like dealers want to shift present models,they are bringing in eco ones,focus and mondeo,see blog for co2 emissions,golf have a new 1,9tdi with 119 co2,its just out in uk,probably see it here in july.see VCAcarfueldata.org.uk for most co2 emissions

If you check out [broken link removed] you will get 9 pages of info and everthing (except price) you need to know including the ghia.

Back