ford focus 2002 50k miles good or bad buy

girlies

Have been offered Ford Focus hatch(family member) 1.4l for sale, 50k miles, spotless, 3 door, would 7800 seem about right???

A girl in work has a 00 focus 1.4 with 40k on engine 2.

Maybe a bad service or maybe a bad engine not sure.

Should be a one off fluke.

But low mileage doesn't always mean good car.

I would say average mileage is 10k a year. So 2002 would be 50k.

You carzone, buy and sell to see the range of similar cars.

Whatever about the price, which you can check for youself against others for sale (allowing for discount), I'd say there's a big advantage to buying from family (assuming you trust them!). There's a lot of very dodgy cars out there for one reason or another, and knowing a car's history is a huge benefit to have over buying on the open market.

ford focus is bullet proof the only thing to check is had it had regular oil services thats really the main thing with focus, and they will live forever.50k is a walk in the park for them.

May I hijack this thread ever so slightly ?

I am going to look at a 2001 Focus tomorrow with 71K miles on the clock. It's a private sale so I need to ask the right questions and get the rest of the detail elsewhere, like here

All other things being equal, does a 2001 Focus with 71K miles have anything imminent to be done to it, i.e. at the next service could I be told that the timing belt has to be changed at 75K, or something of that ilk ?

Thanks