Food Places in Galway

Killter

For dam dam dam good fish and chips go to macdonghs at the bottom of shop st. Huge portions and great selection of fish.
Another great spot is La Salsa, sweet lord the foods good......just in case anyone wants to brave our mingin water and come out west!

I have to agree with you about Mc Donaghs best fish and chips ever. Another good food place in my experience is McSwiggans. I visit it every time I go to Galway which is usually about 5 or six times a year.:)

Ard Bia above Tigh Neachtain's Pub on Quay Street. Try the healthy fry up and coffee for Saturday or Sunday brunch! There is also a very good noodle restaurant opposite Charlie Byrn'es bookshop called Da Tang Noodle House at 2 Middle Street. We thought Ard Bia was better for lunch than Goya's at 2/3 Kirwans Lane Galway (the lane beside McDonagh's Chip Shop), but, the American cheescake at Goya's is outstanding!

Da Roberta, Salthill. Best Italian in Ireland. Amazingly reasonable too.

I love that small place that does the baked potatoes, with all different toppings. Forget the name, but go there any time I'm in Galway. Mmmmm....

Hello,

I was reading the post of you all and bcause I´m going holidays to Galway ( Salthill) I was wondering if you can tell if it is expensive eating out there and if you also can recommend me cheap and nice restaurants.

most of the above are reasonable. We paid 100 euro for a meal last sat night but the wine was 28 euro of that.

There's a very good Thai/Malaysian restaurant in Salthill, just across the road from the BOI.
In Galway, McSwiggans is good, so is Cooke's. The Malt House has great food & is a little more expensive & formal.
Busker Browne's for Sunday brunch & live jazz?
For a quick bite, Fat Freddy's on Quay Street does a damn tasty pizza.
Wouldn't argue with any of the above posters' recommendations either.
You won't be stuck for choice, and in general prices are reasonable.

da robertos in salthill is lovely but i have to put my number one italian as Al muretto in forster court (just off eyre sqaure) love it! monroes do a lovely pizza with your pint, and the bit of irish music to boot.

What is Oscars like these days....have been twice, once about 5 years ago and once 2 years ago. The first time it was fab, the second it was kinda dated. McDonaghs is good enough to go to Galway especially for.

If you go just outside Galway to Claregalway there is the best food ever in a pub/restaurant called 'The Abbey'.

What is Oscars like these days....have been twice, once about 5 years ago and once 2 years ago. The first time it was fab, the second it was kinda dated.

I was in Oscar's last year. The decor is a bit weird but the food was absolutely gorgeous.

hi

Could anyone suggest good seafood restaurants in Galway city. (apart from McDonaghs though, was there few months ago and thought it was only average.)

thanks

S

Schooners in Salthill over the aquarium is a very good seafood restaurant with great views of Galway bay & about 10 mins from city centre but worth it.

a friend has been to oscars lately and has been raving about the place, so il leave my review as soon as i can squeeze in a visit.

those looking for seafood morans on the weir is supposed to be lovely but again iv never been.
il have to start hinting to himself to bring me out a bit more!

hi

Could anyone suggest good seafood restaurants in Galway city. (apart from McDonaghs though, was there few months ago and thought it was only average.)

thanks

S
O'Grady's on the Pier in Barna. Not exactly city, but close.

O'Gradys is prob best for seafood. I think Oscars is overrated to be honest. It's all presentation and the food doesn't taste as good as it looks. Ard Bia has opened in the old Nimmos at Spanish Arch and is worth a look.

Back