food on flights

Ron Burgundy

hi all,

can you bring food on flights. I am off on honeymoon in two weeks and before i brought a bar of chocolate and pringles. But my thinking is that with new security this won't be possible.

American flight i should add.

Depends on the food but in general I don't think that there should be any problems. Liquids not purchased past security would be another matter.

We brought prepack fresh fruit salads on an early flight to Florence in Sept. No problems with that or any food. It's only liquids that cause the problem
P

I always bring my own food on flights of various lengths as I hate food on flights - and some don't offer any! I usually bring some form of sandwich/roll, crisps, nuts and fruit. My advice would be to buy lots of water post security as on my last long haul flight it became rationed! I felt very deprived and I had bloated ankles like I never had before.
Best of luck with your wedding - I've watched some of your posts with interest.

I always bring my own food on flights of various lengths as I hate food on flights - and some don't offer any! I usually bring some form of sandwich/roll, crisps, nuts and fruit. My advice would be to buy lots of water post security as on my last long haul flight it became rationed! I felt very deprived and I had bloated ankles like I never had before.
Best of luck with your wedding - I've watched some of your posts with interest.

Thanks. Food is normally awful so pringles and choc to New York it is !!

Small thing to note when traveling with Fruit, be sure to eat it on the flight or dispose of it before you hit customs canuse you coudl end up with a fine if you try and bring it into the country.

Just a thought!
addob

Be careful with liquids if you've got a connecting flight - you may not be allowed to bring it onto your second flight. I had this experience last year, flew Dublin-Paris-Cairo and despite being a transfer passenger, had to go through security again in Paris and the water I bought airside in Dublin was confiscated.

Good luck with the wedding, congrats to both of you, and enjoy the honeymoon (and the pringles!!)

Back